Search This Blog

Monday, March 29, 2010

This Just Couldn't Wait...

I'm supposed to be working (studying for my GRE that I take on Saturday), but this just couldn't wait.  Remember when I was telling y'all about me purging my phonebook (life) of men who I knew in my heart of hearts weren't what I needed? Well...I was just reminded of why someone was put on that delete list. 

A couple of years ago, I met a guy at a work function.  All odds were against him because he was young and he lived a couple hundred miles away but he was REALLY, REALLY cute.  (Now this is one of those "If I knew then what I know now" moments, but hindsight is 20/20, right?) During our week of hanging out, I found out a lot about him.  He was actually more than just eye candy...he was actually a nice guy.  I soon realized that it was all a front.  Needless to say, after he went home the true colors came out.  He gave me a headache just looking his name in my phonebook.

So now back to the other day when I was deleting numbers out of my phone. I just knew that after I started deleting numbers, something would happen where someone found their way back into my present (yes, i meant present as in present-day and not presence).  I am in love with all things Essence...the magazine, the online site, the online blog, etc, so imagine my surprise when I'm reading one of the articles and I see the youngster's pictures at the bottom of the page.  I immediately stop reading the article and click on the picture and there's a full feature of him as the "Eye Candy of the Week."  (at this point I stop, close out the screen, go back to the page...just had to make sure that I was on the right website) Now I'm one to give credit where credit is due (or subconsciously I just wanted to see if he'd grown up since our last conversation), so I send a message saying just "Congrats, I saw your spread on the website" to which he replied "Ohh thanks babe I appreciate it how r u".  And the rest of the conversation is below...

Me: I'm good. Just working
(the next few messages are just the usual catching up messages until...)

Younster: I wonder how good our love making would have been
Me: (I had to re-read this statement about 3 times before I believed that this dude really asked me this question...and as much as I knew that I needed to just ignore the comment and delete the texting thread, I just HAD to respond) How is something making love when you aren't IN love with them...it's just sex.

Y: Well our sex. I think somewhere in there ur still curious and want 2. right or wrong

Me: I don't think you really understand...see my sex and my time are very important and valuable to me...not everyone gets either one and it's very rare that someone gets both.  You should feel pretty good that you got one of the two.

**more going back & forth with him trying to convice me of how great it would be and me saying no thank you (too long to type & i'm kinda embarassed that I even fell into this conversation) **

Me:I'm done with this convo...we'll just have to agree to disagree. You make my head hurt

Y: I'll give you a massage

M: Sans the happy ending?

Y:Hahaha

M: That's what I thought, I would've come to visit but I don't think you would've been able to handle it

Y: That's fine, I don't have to.  If you trying to keep it platonic just know other females would have probably been dropping by since you're on your miss good good girl

At first I was a little offended but then I realized that I really shouldn't be...I'm the one who entertained the conversation.  I should've just ended it after the catching up part was over...what did I really expect?  Oh well...another day lived and another lesson learned.

Bright Side: Vetta has another win in her column and I now realize that sometimes the past really should stay the past.

1 comment:

  1. this is a great blog...try www.ineedmorefaith.blogspot.com i like that one too. u may enjoy

    ReplyDelete