Search This Blog

Thursday, April 8, 2010

I Just Had To Get This Off My Chest...

I was reading (working) at work a book by Zane called Total Eclipse of the Heart.  Now anyone who reads knows that Zane's books are a little out there at times, but I assure you that this book has an EXCELLENT story line.  I won't go into detail about the book, but I will share with you the quote that I feel came to me at the perfect time.

"Love sought is good, but given UNSOUGHT is better"

**Background: I love reading and I love quotes**

This quote was so powerful to me that I had to stop reading and start typing.  Now don't get me wrong, I tried to contiue reading but my mind kept going back to those words.  The quote is from William Shakespeare's Twelth Night and it was so amazing to me how the words from over 400 years ago still applied to my life today.  Now I know that I shouldn't be that amazed because I always find passages in the Bible that I can apply daily to my life but this really stuck with me.  I guess it's because almost every other conversation that I have with someone in my "JA Squad" (my besties) is something about me being tired of being single and wanting one of these dating zeros to turn into my hero (yeah I know that was corny but it's my blog...I can say what I want to!) And everytime that I talk to Cheezie, she always says "He will come when you aren't looking, and when he does you're not going to know what hit you!"  When I read that quote from Willie S, I heard Cheezie's words instantly. 

As much as I am tired of hearing those words of advice, I know that they are true.  Deep, deep, deep, deep down in my heart I know that I need to exercise patience (ha, ha...riiiiight) and faith. Both of which I know that I have...but it's so hard.  I guess I should view this time as a blessing.  I SHOULD be taking this time to forgive myself of the mistakes that I've made and sincerely forgive others (whether they've asked for it or not), I SHOULD be letting go of relationships that are toxic to my well-being, I SHOULD be more concerned with achieving the goals that I set for myself, I SHOULD, I SHOULD, I SHOULD.  I know that I'm comfortable being by myself (epecially going to the moves...$5 before noon!!!) but I'm just ready to share my time and my space with someone who's truly worth it.  In no way do I feel that I'm ready to be married, but I am ready to find my best friend  who I can eventually call my husband. In due time I suppose... So from today on, I am going to learn to be content "in whatsoever state I'm in."  But understand me correctly, as with many things in my life, I'm content but not complacent.


Well...I just needed to get that off my chest so I could continue with the last two chapters of this book and move on to Carl Webber's new book.  Yay Me!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Bout damn time... Lol, but with all seriousness it's gonna hard lesson to learn & it's gonna be a "doozy" (yes I said doozy) cause you tend to be hard headed by nature... It's gotta couple layers to break through :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good one! I could swear you never listen to me! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patience is the key and you have to remember some old advice that my grandma told me, men are natural hunters so you have to learn not to be the hunter. It is hard in this time and age but believe me REAL men appreciate it. I had to do the same thing and it was hard especially since I am use to being in control and initiating things. But I heard a preacher at a revival and my neighbor told me the same thing grandma told me. So for the first time I listened "for real" and sure enough some time passed and I focused on me and out of now where here he comes. Yeah you have some bad days but overall he is my companion. Now he initiates the talk about marriage which is refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea...i've been making an effort to stop thinking about it. To be honest, I don't understand how i've ever had time to think about it because i'm always so busy. But i guess we make time for what we want to make time for.

    I'm also making the effort to stop wasting my time and energy on people and things that could be "blocking my blessings." I have a hard time letting people and things go...moreso people than things though. lol

    ReplyDelete