Search This Blog

Monday, November 28, 2011

The BIG date...



Guess what y'all?!?!? I'm so done with graduate school! Graduation was on Saturday and I am officially free from the bondage of research papers and reading textbooks! Hooray!   Okay so I owe you an ending to the Up In the Air post.Here we go...
I was instructed to arrive at Ruggles Bakery early.  I don't know if I mentioned it, but we were going to try to catch all of this madness on video so that I could show my dating techniques...#technologyFAIL!  We didn't quite figure out how we were going to record both video and audio without my date knowing. (yes, this was an undercover mission)  We just taped the audio.  I had to slide a small recorder into my purse without the bright red recording light showing...I succeeded.  Well, Ashlee, Jenn, and another accomplice positioned themselves by the door (and out of site) while I sat across the room, facing them. 
Since Jenn didn't tell me anything about the guy (other than the fact that he was 6'3), I didn't know anything.  I didn't know his name, his age, anything.   This was truly a blind date. 

Okay so right on time, he walks into the restaurant and I was like he's cool.  He wasn't my normal type, but if my normal type was working for me then I wouldn't be set up by friends on a blind date.  He sits down and we begin talking.  He's nice, he's intelligent, he doesn't say "conversate", and he can carry on a pretty good conversation...we're off to a good start.  We get through the usual "getting to know you" questions.  When he gets up to order us our red velvet cake (it was sooo good!), Ashlee and Jenn motion for me to meet them in the restroom.  When I get inside, I get asked questions about how I feel the date is going.  Trying not to be too obvious (and I didn't want to stay in the restroom too long making seem that I was having stomach issues), I left out before them.  He came back to the table and we kept talking.  I was getting a little tired and was a tad bit ready to leave, but he was still going.  We talked for so long that I didn't realized that Ashlee and Jenn had left.  When they came back they banged on the window and broke the date up.  They sent me away (which I was a tad bit relieve by) and from what I understand, he was not a happy camper.

They debriefed him and found out that he really enjoyed himself.  As far as me, I thought that he was a nice guy, I didn't feel any sparks or fireworks. 

Bright Side:  We went on another date to the movies a couple of weeks after that and it just fizzled out.  It might have been because he could sense that I wasn't all into it or it could've been because he felt the same.  Honestly, it doesn't really matter to me...I'm just glad that I didn't have to have any awkward conversations later if my feelings never changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment