Search This Blog

Friday, July 22, 2011

Progress (or lack thereof)



I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I have had NO luck at all with this challenge.  I was actually pretty excited about taking it on, but now I'm not so sure.  It seems as though as soon as I said yes to the challenge, all of the handsome and intelligent men that I once saw disappeared!  I'm sad to report that I've only approached 2 guys.  One of whom was on his way back to Michigan (or at least that is what he told me), and the other I can't even remember (I guess that speaks for itself).  I did, however, end up on a web show where my "approach" was critiqued.  The result:  They (they being the audience that im’d into the show and the hosts) said that I have a "Girl Next Door" approach and no game whatsoever!  Lol...I thought that was kind of harsh and to be honest, I don't see what's wrong with an honest approach (sans all of the game…I think having game is subjective and overrated).  I don't think that I have to put a lot into it other than:

Me: “Hello”
Him: “Why, hello there!”
Me: “How are you doing tonight (this morning/this afternoon)
Him: “I’m better now that you’ve graced me with your presence”
Me: “Oh, how sweet of you!  What's your name?”
Him: “Why, I’m the man of your dreams! What is your name?”
Me: “My name is RR”
Him:  “Nice to meet you RR.  What made you decide to approach me?”
Me: “I thought you were handsome so I wanted to introduce myself..." 
(not an accurate account of how the conversation would go…but you get it. lol)

That’s a simple approach and honest. I know if someone came over to me with some wack game I would think they were a cornball and immediately switch my interest from “I’m interested in getting to know him” to “I’m already bored and my friends aren’t ready to go so he’ll be my entertainment for the night”.  I just like to give what I’m expecting to receive…I like to think of it as me paying it forward.

Bright Side:  I have a little over a week left to approach a total of 7 more guys.  We’ll see how this goes!  (Say a few prayers on my behalf because it looks like I'm going to need it) There is one that I’m interested in approaching, but I need a little more background before I just go for it.  I already know him so it would be kind of awkward to move forward if the end result isn’t in my favor.  We’ll see what happens and you know that I will report back to you!  Wish me luck…Let me know if you have any pointers!

If you want to see the web show, go here. I promise that it is very entertaining!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment