Search This Blog

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Faking the funk...

So I'm sitting here on my couch watching mindless tv (something that I don't get to do very often) when I get a random text asking what I'm doing. This text isn't from some current romantic interest, but from a guy that I liked before but he could never keep my interest. Now...before you start the "ahh ha! That's why you're still single" it's not like that...really! I think that I've blogged about him before (I'm writing this post from my phone and I'm too lazy to get up and research), so I'll just give a brief rundown.

This guy, Corey, is tall, handsome, educated, etc. I've known him for a long time and when hang out, it's cool. The issue is that Corey liked to come to my place to sleep (yes just sleep...no hanky-panky) and he never wanted to go anywhere. I would literally have to invite myself somewhere and he was fine with that...I wasn't.   How can you date someone sans the date? I tried talking to Corey about it but no luck...at all. He would just counter with some lame excuse so I just let it go. He'll pop up every now and again, but nothing consistent. We've talked about the problem but that horse is dead and is starting the decomposition process.

Fast forward to 10 minutes ago. Corey sends me a text asking me what I'm doing and we go back and forth with the regular spill. You know...how are you? How was your weekend? Blah, blah, blah Well then the convo goes like this...

Corey: I should have invited you out of town with me this weekend.
Me: I'm not sure that I would've accepted the invitation
C: (completely missing point) I'm sure you were probably busy
M: No, we just don't communicate consistently enough
C: That's fine
M: So who's winning the game?

Was I wrong? I just don't have it in me to pretend like I won the lottery because of an afterthought by someone who I talk to maybe once every 2-3 months. I know that he isn't capable of fulfilling my (very) basic needs of communication and companionship, so why fake the funk?

What do you think?

Bright Side: I glad that I'm not entertaining nonsense just for the sake of it...I can see that the road is a dead end so I'm making a U-turn before I get to a point where its harder to turn.

4 comments:

  1. lol @ "that horse is dead and is starting the decomposition process." I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. On a bright note I like the fact that "Corey" has remained a gentleman despite being clueless on how to date or not "effective" at it! lol Also, I am glad you are not settling for less than what you deserve. I think you will get your hearts desires sticking to this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes he has remained a gentleman. I think he's genuinely a good guy, he's just very reactive instead of proactive. I don't want to do all of the work, he should be asking me out, inviting me out, calling, texting, etc. Of course I'll reciprocate his efforts, but I need him to take the lead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you did the right thing...after all what girl wants to be an afterthought?
    I'm sure hes a gentleman, but that doesn't make him the right man. :)

    ReplyDelete