Search This Blog

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Google Me...


So my stolen sister and I were on our way to a baseball game last night and I told her about my idea for a blog topic.  I explained how I've been chastised for wanting to know too much too soon about potentials instead of just going with the flow.  Let me explain...if I meet a guy through a friend or on my own, we usually exchange first and last names.  If I find myself interested in the guy's conversation (and appearance), I start verifying information via Google, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.  Personally, I don't see anything wrong with putting someone through a vetting process to see if they're worth the time and energy.  Now, I don't interrupt the person when they're telling me about themselves with "Oh, I already know that" or "Yeah, I read that on your Facebook".  I also don't go into some stalker-type research.  I look verify that the information that they've shared with me is the correct information and that they aren't on America's Most Wanted, married/engaged/in a relationship, or have 30 kids (don't act like this isn't possible).  I'm just curious to see what comes up when I put your name into Google and I'm sure that it's quite possible that he might do the same thing with me (which is why I try to be mindful of what I post and what pictures I take).

Bright Side:  Like I said, I don't get stalkerish with it, looking for addresses and the such, I just want to make sure that this person is who they say that they are.  I also am well aware that just because their words match their postings doesn't mean that we're going to be a match and things will end as a fairy tale.  I just want to have my eyes as open as I possibly can... 

No comments:

Post a Comment