Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Been There, Done That, and I Guess I'll Try It One More Time...


Happy Hump Day!  So I know I was MIA last week and no excuses, so let's get right into it!  Okay, so I was talking to my good friend, Kells, last week and she was going on and on about the rave reviews that a certain dating site was receiving.  She was just like they have the highest success rate of marriages and blah, blah, blah.  I informed her that I had already been there and done that!  She asked me about my experience and I just told her honestly that I didn't feel like I got anything out of it.  Well, her response what "How much did you put into it?" And when I thought about it, I didn't put very much.  I mean, yeah I reached out to a few people but I didn't invest too much thought or energy into reviewing profiles or building any type of relationship.  Well...she said that she was going to set up her profile and I reluctantly said that I would take the challenge and experience this site again.

I was a little hesitant at first to re-sign up with the site, but after I immediately started getting responses and after a 20% off coupon was sent to my inbox, I decided to bite the bullet and actually pay for the site.  I figured that if nothing else, y'all would get a few kicks out of my experience.  Let's see how it goes this time...

Bright Side:  I'm pleasantly surprised with the feedback that I've been receiving.  I'm not putting anything on it, but it's a positive start.  Oh, and guess whose profile I came across when the service put us as a 99% match?  Out of guesses?  I saw Rick's profile (from "Worth All Those".  According to the site and myself, we're a match but too bad he didn't see it that way.  Oh well!  Not my problem.  Come back tomorrow and I'll tell you about one of the first messages that I got and why it was so out of the ordinary.  See ya tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment