Search This Blog

Monday, May 3, 2010

The Missing Piece

Last Thursday, I had the pleasure of attending Cupid's Cousin's "The Missing Piece" event.  It was so wonderful and refreshing to be able to go to an event where there weren't a bunch of old men looking for some young, fresh meat.  The crowd was diverse, the dj was nice, and all in all I would say that the night was an all around success.  The event coordinators had the genius idea to have every female wear a small lock around their neck and to have the guys wear a key around their wrist.  The object of the exercise was to go around and have a conversation to find "the missing piece."  Every lock had two keys that matched.  Initially, I was a little reserved.  I mean, what exactly was I supposed to say?  "Hey, does your key fit in my lock?"  Well I decided that the first step was to just say "Hi!" and let the conversation go wherever from there.  To my surprise, it worked!  I met a lot of great people and I was even invited to another party by one of the guys that I met.  Although I saw a lot of college friends there, I also had the opportunity to network with other young professionals around the city.  I really appreciate the time and effort that the ladies of Cupid's Cousin put into this event and I can't wait for the next one. 

Unfortunately, the guy who held the key to my lock left just before I did so I didn't have the chance to meet him.  But maybe our paths will cross again and he'll be at the next event. 

I strongly suggest that you visit http://www.cupidscousinagency.com/ if you are interested in attending any events or if you want more information about the agency.

1 comment:

  1. Awww we'll get that match for you Hun! I'm happy you had a good time and thanks for the plug!!!!

    ReplyDelete