Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Feeling Some Kinda Way Today?

In honor of the life and talent of Ms. Whitney Houston, I picked two videos that (I feel) are the soundtrack of the day for both the attached and unattached: "The Greatest Love of All" and "Million Dollar Bill".  We loved the way Ms. Houston's music made us feel and we will be forever grateful for the talent that God allowed us to witness.  She will be forever missed.



I woke up this morning and I felt a little different.  Not because I'm in a somber state because I don't have a significant other, but because I'm not affected by the fact that I don't have a significant other.  I'm not sure if I've shared this but, in times past, I used to be a really angry person on Valentine's Day.  I would wear all black and say "Bah Humbug" when greeted with a "Happy Valentine's Day!".  I'm guessing that after 6 years of not having a Valentine, I've learned how to handle it.  This year, I didn't feel any of the pressure to entertain foolishness just to have someone tell me Happy Valentine's Day...I have plenty of friends on Facebook and followers on Twitter who did just that (and I didn't have to buy them anything).  Instead, I chose to visit two of my favorite retailers and send myself a little a lot of  somethin', somethin's.  Why can't I be we be our own Valentine?  Aren't we supposed to love ourselves more anyway?  I think so!  If you don't love yourself then how can someone else love you? 

Usually I spend this day out with my little brother, but this year I'll be going to the gym with my ls (she's whipping me into shape for Mexico in November) and then I'll be taking myself out...do some more reflection on my growth from last year to this year and just enjoy being able to see another day.  Today shouldn't be about the love that you feel that you don't have, but more about the love that you do.  Plus, if I was in a relationship, I'm not going to lie and say that I wouldn't want my significant other to recognize today (I'm still a human and most importantly, an emotional female! lol), but I would want him to show me how much he loves me everyday.  Why can't Valentine's Day be 365 days...isn't it more about the action of love and not just the gift? But what do I know...I haven't had a significant other as a Valentine in 7 years. Lol

Bright Side:  Enjoy this day with those that you love and who love you in return.  It doesn't have to be a romantic love, but it could be a celebration of love with your friends and family.  It's only one day and it will be over in less than 24 hours!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment