Search This Blog

Monday, December 13, 2010

The Numbers Are Frightening!

Good Evening!  I typically don't do posts in the evening, but I HAD to make an exception tonight.  I am freaking out and this is the only way that I can calm my nerves.  I just had a line sister give me a call to let me know that the person who requested friendship earlier might have alterior motives.  I listened to the story and thought it was quite funny until she started throwing out some statistics that left me a little uneasy.  You see, this person asked her who on our line was single (not married, engaged, or in a relationship) and she told them three of us.  Now...this number wouldn't seem so bad if there weren't TWENTY-TWO (THREE) of us on our line.  Now...I started thinking about this number and I realized that I am the fifth oldest person on our line (not that age really matters) and one of three who isn't even in a relationship.  Heck...I'm not even entertaining any possibilities.  Then...if you know me then you know that I'm an analytical thinker, so I started looking to my inner circle.  My J(A) Squad...Joe - relationship, Cheezie - married, Joneka - married, Jennifer - relationship, Angela - relationship...hmm so I'm the only one there.  I even looked into my extended circle and yep...I'm the only one there too.  Have I become the "one in ? number"?  The more I think about it the scarier it gets.  One of my greatest fears is that I will have to live the rest of my life with everyone around being able to enjoy the love and companionship that comes with having a significant other in their life and I'm just alone.  I know that this is the point where I need to tell my brain to slow down because I'm only 27 and I'm thinking way too hard on this subject and that I can't judge my future by a percentage or even a number.  And that's exactly what I am going to do...I'm going to pay attention to this Texans game and stop thinking about being 60y/o, in a house by myself, and living with 15 cats. 


Wooosah!  Thanks for letting me release and enjoy the rest of your night!

Bright Side: After I started freaking out on the phone, my line sister said something that didn't sink in until now.  "Compromise the first time means there will be a second time." - Ashlee

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU ARE 27 WOMAN!!!!!! I know you said this.... but I am gonna say it again. Chill.... bc half of the people you know that are married or engaged have a 50% chance of divorcing (It's fact). And that could be because they rushed it and married the first guy that bended on his knee.

    You have to think about it like this.... the men now that are 27-30 actually still have a mind of a 17 year old. Remember at the forum on saturday, that lady said men dont begin to mature til they are 35. So you are right where you are suppost to be... single and loving it.

    The number that should scare you is the 50% fact I stated

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol and this is why I love you dearly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree yet disagree as a mature man who is 27, I know that I am a rare breed, but the other aspect of it is although we say that we (male & female) are ready for a relationship, truth of the matters is WE ARE NOT.

    This is show by the retreat efforts when a major issue arises. Also the rush to jump broom is more so a peer pressure effort rather than a stement of readiness... It takes YEARS to learn who someone truly is, so this six months we are in love and it's time to get married is just a disney movie. When both parties are truly committed to putting in the time of learning one another, this builds the foundation to last.

    ReplyDelete