Search This Blog

Monday, August 9, 2010

Let's See What You Do With It...

I am a person who believes in celebrating my birthday day ALL MONTH LONG! I mean, why not?  Everyone has not been blessed to see the years that I have, so I want everyone to know how much I appreciate God allowing me to see another year.  This year, a friend decided to start Part I of her birthday out & about.  I hadn't been out in a while, so I decided to accept her invitation and go out to start off my birthday too.  We go out and I'm having a wonderful time then the unusual happens.  I feel a tap on my shoulder and a guy is like "Excuse Me...?" And so it starts...

I sized him up in my head: About 6'2-6'3, nice smile, handsome face, and he didn't grab my arm and ask me "Shawty what yo name is?"  The odds are already in his favor.  We had a brief conversation and we exchanged numbers.  By the end of the night, he sent me a text stating that it was good to meet me and to have a safe night.  We talked on Sunday and I immediately added intelligent and driven to his list of qualities. I also learned that he had just moved here from the West Coast.  Now, since I have turned over a new leaf, I decided to just take it one day at a time.  I invited him to my birthday dinner that Thurdsay, but I didn't put too much thought into it and he actually showed up.  Now, for someone who is very analytical, I had to literally force myself to stop questioning what things meant because earlier he sent me a message saying that he was running behind at work, but he was still trying to make it.  And around 8:30 that night, he showed up.  That put a huge plus on his report card, but I still had to remind myself that it is still early in the game.  We talked a little more that night and he wished me a happy early birthday after I left to celebrate with some friends.  We talked again the next day while he was on his way to out of town.  Then, I invited him by for some birthday cake when he got back.  He came by, ate cake, we watched a movie, went to the pool, then he went home so I could get ready to go out with the J Squad for birthday outing #5.  For me, even thought it was still early, I felt that we were moving on the right track...until I started thinking.

I thought about it and it seemed like the only real time that we hung out (event though it was just twice) was because I initiated it.  So during our conversation on the way to meet my friends, I mentioned it and he agreed.  I told him that the ball was in his court and he assured me that he could handle it...so I replied that I guess we'll see what you do with it. Well you should be happy to know that aside from the invitation that he accepted to go with me to this game night that some of my line sisters hosted, I have stuck to my word.  Although we did have a good time at the game night and he passed my line sister's test (she REALLY got into him good) I'm not putting all of my eggs in one basket.  We'll see what he does...


Bright Side:  With this new approach, I realized that I always say that I want the male to show his interest but I never really gave them the opportunity to do so.  This post from one of my fav bloggers, "RWNTD*: Who's the rabbit?", really put me in the right state of mind to just fall back and if he's really interested, then he'll come to me.  If not, my world will continue to go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment